Wednesday 7 September 2011

linen dreams


Baby sister's birthday last week and along with some jewellery I've been making (experimenting with), I made her this linen apron. She's a great cook (and married to a chef) so dinner at their place is always extra delicious and I wanted to make her an apron that said 'domestic goddess' more than ' housewife' ... and this is it.

The french linen is so beautiful - I source it at Tessuti Fabrics who sell designer 'end of line' fabrics at thoroughly reasonable prices and actually one of the few places where I've found these really affordable, top quality linens. I like to screen print on linen (as it makes for calmer backgrounds than stark white fabric) and Tessuti often have offcuts that I can use to experiment with designs. Worth a look and they sell online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.