Friday 22 March 2013

did we really live like this?


'The one charm of the past is that it is the past.' Oscar Wilde

I'm not sure if I was just too busy building the new extension, or if I was just fixated on the vision, the hope of future beauty not to really feel the chaos.

These pictures were taken along the journey, we all ate, lived, played in one room (top right), we had to cross that little bridge over rubble to get to the bathroom for a while (bottom right), the hall came down around us whilst we all slept in the room to the right of the front door (middle right), and the old playroom became a tool shed right next to the kitchen (top left). I can honestly say that I don't know how we did it... I can proudly say that no one even seemed to really complain... and I can very, very happily say that I'm so pleased it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.